Joy sets the stage for the miraculous. It opens the door for the supernatural.
Joy is an internal disposition to rebel against external pressure
It is unspeakable/ unexplainable/inexpressible
There is a mandate that cannot be changed or thwarted!
That I am a child of God:
- The enemy hates it when we call his bluff and just honor the Lord in the face of difficulty.
- The enemy hates it when I realize (come to terms) that heaven has invested in me and I am on a mission and path of destiny.
- The enemy hates it when I choose to walk in love with brothers and sisters and I am not buying into his antics
- The enemy hates it when I realize that I am forgiven…Romans 8:1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
The level of your joy will predict the level of your fruitfulness:
Though the storm will rise; the winds will blow; the waves will crash against your life; there will be discouragement; things won’t go as planned; and financial difficulties do occur and now with uncertain times, but the thing that God has provided for us in the hard times of this life is JOY!!!!
Psalm 30:5 – For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
So, why should I be joyful?
- I am joyful because I found a lover like no other: Jesus loves me, the Father loves me and the Holy Spirit loves me! I am beloved therefore I am joyful. Through the rain and the sunshine, He loves me in spite of me!
- I know God cares for me:
1 Peter 5: 6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: 7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
- I am saved, sanctified to be a saint of God:
What brings joy? SALVATION!!!!